Do I need to check my zoning if I don't need a Building Permit for my project?
Yes. All buildings, structures, and uses must meet the requirements of the Township Zoning By-law, regardless of if a Building Permit is required or not.

I have a large parcel of land on the rural lands outside of town, can I create a subdivision?
There are very strict Provincial, upper-tier, and local policies about subdividing land. All development proposals are considered on a case-by-case basis; however, planning policy documents agree that development is generally to be directed to fully serviced settlement areas, and that agricultural lands in rural areas are to be protected. If you would like to inquire about a development proposal, contact the Planning Department.

More FAQ to come!